The Lake Township Historical Society
Founded in 1994, The Lake Township Historical Society (LTHS) works to preserve what is known about the history of Lake Township. The mission of the LTHS is to collect and preserve oral and written history and three-dimensional objects for the citizens of Lake Township. The Society strives to hold and maintain manuscripts, published material, prints, photographs, audio and visual recordings and ephemeral items. It also collects and maintains three-dimensional objects of historical and cultural value and costumes of historic significance.
The collection grows from private citizen’s donations and information gathered from oral and written histories. Important sources are the Fireside Chat program and individual interviews with long time citizens of Lake Township.
Schoolhouse #12 was originally established circa 1850. The building is described as vernacular with Greek revival elements. It was added to the National Registry in 1976.
In 2003 The Society took ownership of the previous Greentown Library building to use as a museum and society meeting room. The permanent collection includes farming, commercial, home items and military. The names of the current displays and open house dates can be found in the calendar section of the web site.
The Lake Township Historical Society is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization.
The Lake Township Historical Society, PO Box 482, Uniontown, OH 44685-0482
Rooted in the past,
reaching for the future.